So you want to be come an Engineer ?
But are you sure which engineering stream you want to choose. Let me help you to make your decision.
Following is the list of all the Engineering streams that are available currently in India, from which you can choose to the best of your liking.
Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering
- This engineering course deals with the design, creation and operation of machines related to flying – planes, missiles, rockets, spacecrafts etc. Aerodynamics, avionics, propulsion, acoustics are subjects that are taught under this course.
– This branch of engineering focuses on the design and operation of tools, implements and machines that are used in the practice of agriculture.
– This engineering stream teaches about the design, development, manufacture and maintenance of computer components.
Electronic and Electrical Engineering
– This engineering course includes research, development, design, creation and maintenance of a diverse set of objects ranging from global Positioning Systems to semi-conductor chips used in mobile phones.
– This stream of engineering studies deals with the design, creation, manufacture and operation of machines relevant to automobiles ranging from the ubiquitous motorcycle to buses and trucks. Civil Engineering – This engineering course teaches about the design, development and construction of bridges, dams, metro, railroad systems etc.
– This branch of engineering studies teaches how to make the machines and people work in tandem with each other so that maximum productivity is derived.
– This engineering stream teaches about design, manufacture and maintenance of instruments and instrument units.
– A Manufacturing Engineer is taught how to manufacture things – be it structures, machinery, electronics, medical devices, automobile parts, textiles and clothing, or household products or toys or cans and bottles any thing and everything that can be manufactured.
– Under this engineering course, one gets to learn the designing, construction and management of ships and other naval vehicles.
– This engineering branch is concerned with the design, construction, and operation of power plants, engines, and machines. It deals mostly with things that move.
– This stream of engineering studies deals with metals – basically the research, development and manufacture of new metal alloys for wide applications across industries.
- This engineering stream deals with mines and minerals. The mining equipment is developed and manufactured by mining engineers. Besides this, there are also an array of other engineering courses which one can specialize in like ceramic engineering, textile engineering, nuclear engineering…the list can go on and on.
Hope that now all the engineering aspirants are sufficiently knowledgeable about various Engineering streams that available at their disposals.
Normally, which ever Industry is hot the demand for those engineering stream rises. Like currently Computer Engineering is very hot !